Moulded Lava Cake
- 50g Melted butter, for brushing
- Cocoa Powder, for dusting
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs and 4 yolks
- 200g plain flour
Tip: Can be served with;
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Orange sorbet
- First get your moulds ready. Brush mould with melted butter.
- Place a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, then slowly melt your dark chocolate and butter (Chopped into small pieces) together. Remove bowl from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl whisk 4 eggs and 4 egg yolks together with 200g caster sugar until thick and pale and the whisk leaves a trail. Sif 200g plain flour into the eggs, then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well between each addition, until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is completely combined to a loose cake batter.
- Tip the mixture into a jug then evenly divide between the moulds. The fondants can now be frozen up to a month and can be cooked from frozen. Chill for at least 20 min. from frozen add 5 mins more to your cooking time.
- Heat oven to 200c. place the moulds onto a baking tray, then cook for 10-12 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from oven, then leave to sit for 1 min before turning out.
- Very gentle loosen the tops. Tip the fondants on your hand and the onto a plate.